New for 2017, official Continental partner GlobeBusters have added Northern Thailand and Laos to their list of destinations to explore on 2-wheels.
With mile upon mile of quiet and twisty roads and unspoiled panoramic mountain views around every bend, this 14 day trek takes in a number of must see destinations in the two South East Asian nations.
These sites include:
- The “Road of 1864 Curves ” between Mae Hong Son and Mae Taeng, an incredible route of swooping bends through the lush green jungle.
- Thailand’s highest mountain, Doi Inthanon, which stands at 2,565 meters above sea level.
- The infamous Golden Triangle, the region where Thailand, Myanmar and Laos meet, and made famous by Khun Sa, once one of the world’s most infamous drug king, who even had his own private army.
- The remote and mountainous province of Nan and the little town of Bo Kluea, famous for its stunning views and its unique salt wells.
- Laos and spectacular mountain riding to Pak Beng and UNESCO World Heritage Site, Luang Prabang, home to 33 gilded wats, saffron-clad monks, faded Indochinese villas and exquisite Gallic cuisine.
- A ride alongside the Mekong River and the mountains of Phu Ruea.
- Visit the site of Thailand’s first capital city, Sukothai – another UNESCO World Heritage Site – including a visit to the famous elephant temple!
Covering 1,850 miles almost entirely on tarmac this is certainly a trip for the ContiTrailAttack 2 or TKC 70 – both of which have been extensively tested by the GlobeBusters riders including World Record holders Kevin and Julia Sanders.
You can find out more about the trip, due to take place in January 2017, via the official GlobeBusters website.
View our complete adventure tyre range here.